sabato 3 dicembre 2011

Singing contest

Hello cuties! How's it going? I'm being very busy because of the job but I've said this so many times that it's kind of usless to repeat it over again. Yesterday night I left from the bar and drove for 2 hours toward Ravenna where I had a singing contest. I also joined it last year but it happened I caught a very bad flu one week before, and I had a serious problem with nose bleeding because of a too strong decongestant spray (combined with aspirina that is notorious for being anticoagulant) that brought me to the hospital the night before. But I wanted to compete anyway so I went there and obviously I did no good, I almost fell from my high heels on the stage while I was singing too. I decided to go back there this year because I was surprised by the high level of the contestants and I wanted to compete with them: 2 contestants from the last edition were there too. One of these was a very young girl (only 16) with an amazingly powerful voice: fortunately I was not in her same category (she was Junior, I was Senior - over20) because I don't think I could beat her. I thought she would have been the undisputed winner of her category but in the end the highest vote went to a 12yo girl (I couldn't believe she was really 12 o.o she looked like a 15-16yo girl). She was good but not as good as her!!! :/ In my category the prize went to a woman who sang good but the same, extreeeemely boring, sentimental evergreen you'll ever listen in a contest. I'm a bit upset because this kind of songs is always the favourite in contests but I don't want to bring them in order to win. I want to sing what I like and win without any compromise. However, even if only one prize has been announced and assigned yesterday night, I had enough votes to go to the semi-finals (I tied for second place with the other guy from last year). The contest will be transmitted on italian television next wednesday night, and as soon as I'll have the official video I'll post it and link it to you, if you want to see it. Now I leave you with some pictures from yesterday night :)

Me and the great talented Letizia Crincoli :)


Me during my performance ;)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento